Saturday, September 7, 2013

Burning the Burners

I do really think we need to be more critical about this event and what it actual signals. I mean, materially, it's about a bunch of people that buy things (possibly you or I but probably not I) and 'escape' after purchasing expensive tickets to visit  middle-of-nowhere place and pretend like everything is great for a week and then 'return' to the world and feel changed for a bit before it becomes clear that nothing has really changed at all and they've just taken a vacation because they had the money to while everybody else had to continue living their lives and working the jobs they hate and the system continues. Little to no change of anything. It seems like a cool event, but I really don't think we should treat it with the changing-the-world-all-revolution-like status that many people give it. It's just a vacation like all other vacations but probably with more nudity and different kinds of art. 

But you know, I'm probably just jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment